Private Lessons & Group Classes
Private lessons are available for students ages 11 through adult—no one is ever too old to start singing! Students in fifth through eighth grades are encouraged to enroll in group lessons, where they get experience in solo singing, ensemble singing, and listening.
Due to the high demand for lessons, all students must audition to be a member of the voice studio. A complimentary, 30-minute audition lesson can be arranged by emailing email@example.com.
BRVS Payment Policy (Effective 1/14/19)
Payment in full is due at each lesson unless you’ve made a previous payment arrangement. If you prefer, you may prepay for a series of lessons. Payment may be made by cash, check (payable to “Bill Reed Voice Studio”), or by PayPal or credit card through the Bill Reed Voice Studio student portal. We appreciate your business and prompt payment! We reserve the right to prevent scheduling of future lessons if your account carries a balance due.
BRVS Cancellation Policy (Effective 1/14/19)
I appreciate as much notice as possible if you need to cancel your lesson: A lesson cancelled with short notice is a missed opportunity for another student.
You will receive a lesson reminder email 72 hours prior to your scheduled lesson. Cancellations may be made using the BRVS Student Portal. If you cannot access the portal, you may email firstname.lastname@example.org. (Please keep in mind that I do not check email while I am teaching.) Cancellations may not be made by phone, text, or voice mail message. You are responsible for keeping your email contact information up to date in the BRVS Student Portal.
- Cancellations received 48 hours or more in advance of the lesson time: No charge.
- Cancellations received 24 to 48 hours in advance of the lesson time: Invoiced at the regular rate. You will receive a make-up lesson credit that can be used for up to 90 days. (Make-up lesson credits unused by the expiration date will be forfeited.)
- Cancellations received less than 24 hours in advance of the lesson time: Invoiced at the regular rate. In case of illness or emergency, a make-up lesson credit may be issued at my discretion.
- No show: Invoiced at the regular rate. In the case of extreme emergency, a make-up lesson credit may be issued at my discretion.
BRVS Lesson Rescheduling (Effective 1/14/19)
You may reschedule your lesson by logging in to the BRVS Student Portal and choosing an available time. If you cannot access the portal, you may email email@example.com. (Please keep in mind that I do not check email while I am teaching.) You will receive email confirmation when your lesson request is approved.
Other BRVS Rules & Policies
- To meet our goals we emphatically encourage students to participate in cabarets, workshops and the June intensive.
- Kindly acknowledge Bill Reed Voice Studio in your biography and resume.
- Students will be responsible for a $20 annual registration fee each fall, which helps offset the cost of sheet music.
- Be prepared for your lesson.
- Arrive early or on time.
- Leave shoes upstairs.
- Enter through the front door.
- Please do not ring doorbell, as it upsets dog.
- Please do not wander around house, as it upsets wife.
- Do not use the upstairs bathroom.
- Do not slam the front door or leave it open.
- Please close the studio bathroom door and turn off the light.
- Please refrain from wearing fragrances.
Thank you for your cooperation!